The skin is an organ that renews and regenerates itself continuously thanks to the continuous growth of the epidermis from the inside out.
The outer layer is completely renewed every 3-4 weeks, for this reason it is important to eliminate dead cells , to purify, free the pores, oxygenate and make the skin smoother and more silky.
Thanks to the presence of vegetable microgranules, which exert a mechanical exfoliating action, the scrub eliminates dead cells and tissues , giving brightness and freshness to our skin and reactivating the superficial circulation.
A good scrub, if applied regularly (usually once a week) helps to slow down the aging of the skin .
How to apply the Scrub?
The scrub is applied to damp skin and continues massaging with small circular movements from bottom to top; it starts from the feet upwards, from the hands to the armpits.
The intensity of the massage must be firm and intense in areas such as knees, elbows, heels, shoulders while it must be more delicate in areas such as breasts, inner thighs, décolleté and face.
At the end of cleaning, rinse thoroughly to remove all the residues of the scrub from the body and face. After the scrub, the skin, being more sensitive, must be treated with oleolites, or creams with a nourishing and moisturizing action.
An excellent oleolite suitable for everyone, even the most sensitive skin, is the Calendula oleolite , but if you prefer the use of creams I suggest you try our Moisturizing Body Cream with Aloe Vera and Helichrysum, with the scent of Sublime Rose .
Tips for a correct use of the Scrub
To get the maximum results from using this product, you need to observe some rules :
- before applying it on the skin it is good to wet it; for this reason the body scrub should always be done in the shower;
- the scrub is contraindicated in case of red, inflamed skin, or with rashes (such as pimples), as the mechanical rubbing of the microgranules could further inflame the skin;
- it is good to apply it once a week maximum. If you have particularly sensitive skin, we recommend the scrub once every two weeks, or even once a month;
- do not apply the scrub around the eyes and when you apply it to the face, massage very gently;
- after the scrub the skin tends to be more delicate and absorbs more, so after rinsing with warm water it is good to use some nourishing and moisturizing product, so as to protect it from possible irritation. The most suitable are vegetable oleolites , but moisturizing milk or good moisturizing creams (excellent ones based on Aloe Vera, which also have a soothing action) can also be fine.
- It is not recommended to do the scrub before depilation or waxing, but doing it between waxing and the other avoids the formation of ingrown hair.
From the very first applications, the skin will be more compact, velvety to the touch and invigorated.
Which season is recommended for the scrub? Are scrubs and tanning friends?
There is no ideal season for the scrub, much less a contraindicated one.
We advise you to practice the scrub all year round as the skin always derives enormous benefits from it, including the summer period. In fact, thanks to the scrub, the skin is prepared for the sun and the tan will be more intense and brilliant . It also slows down peeling and the skin is more hydrated.
Main benefits of the Scrub
- Exfoliating action (eliminates dead cells);
- Tones and makes the skin brighter;
- It smoothes the skin preparing it for subsequent treatments, in fact after the Scrub the skin is more predisposed to absorb substances, so the effectiveness of any firming creams to combat situations such as stretch marks and cellulite will also benefit positively.
- Prepare the skin for tanning;
- Avoid the formation of ingrown hairs.
Scrubs are not all the same
Of course, the scrubs are not all the same, from the quality of the product used, the effectiveness and therefore the final result can vary (and greatly).
First of all , the same product cannot be used for the exfoliation of the skin of the face and body . For the face it is recommended to use an exfoliating scrub with small microgranules that do not scratch the skin. While for the skin of the body larger and a little more “aggressive” microgranules are generally used.
Of course, the advice is to opt for a natural scrub , which does not contain unwanted chemicals, such as parabens, paraffin, or petroleum derivatives. A good INCI makes a big difference!
If you are looking for a natural and top quality product, on our website you will find two Scrubs, one for the body and the other for the face, based on Aloe Vera and with almond and hazelnut shell microgranules. The gentle but effective exfoliating effect of both scrubs promotes the elimination of dead cells and the regeneration of new skin tissues, making the skin of the face homogeneous, soft and radiant. Both scrubs are totally free of surfactants, parabens, paraffin, silicones or petroleum derivatives, without PEG. They are also 100% vegan products.
Which products to use after the Scrub?
As we mentioned in the previous chapters, after applying the scrub it is important to moisturize and nourish the skin with special products .
The best and most natural choice are vegetable oleolites , which can be used both on the face and on the body.
Oleolites are preparations obtained by macerating one or more vegetable parts of a plant in oil. Maceration in oil, dating back to ancient times, allows the extraction of lipophilic active ingredients from plants.
The final result of this preparation are real medicated oils , with different coloring, aroma, flavor and properties depending on the type of plant used.
Each oleolite can be used for different purposes depending on the plant from which it derives:
- Calendula oil : has anti-inflammatory, healing, soothing, and regenerating properties, suitable for everyone, even for the most sensitive skin (including babies).
- Roman Chamomile Oil : soothing, moisturizing and very delicate, it is the most suitable for very fair skin and for the treatment of atopic dermatitis and diaper irritation in babies;
- Helichrysum oil : moisturizing and with soothing and anti-inflammatory properties (it is used above all to soothe cases of allergic dermatitis and psoriasis). It is also used as a tanning oil (low protection, around 10).
- Hypericum oil : the best to soothe sunburn and sunburn, or as normal after sun. It should never be used before sun exposure
- Lavender oil: very fragrant oil with soothing and anti-inflammatory action. Excellent for oily, impure skin and affected by pimples and acne.
- Rosemary oil : tones and improves the microcirculation of the legs, very useful for fighting swelling and varicose veins.
As an alternative to oleolites …
Of course there are those who prefer the use of moisturizers to oils. Also in this case there is to indulge yourself. Here are the ones we recommend:
For the body:
As a moisturizing body cream to be applied after the Scrub, we recommend our Moisturizing and nourishing body cream based on Aloe Vera, Helichrysum extract and the scent of Sublime Rose .
In addition to deeply moisturizing and nourishing the skin, this body cream easily eliminates any redness, or irritation, without leaving a trace of grease. It keeps the skin soft and supple, also promoting cell renewal. The natural fragrance of Sublime Rose is very delicate and anything but intrusive.
For the face:
For the face we have different solutions, for different needs and skin types:
- Moisturizing face cream with Aloe Vera and Jojoba (particularly suitable for oily and combination skin): it is a natural formulation based on Aloe Vera with the addition of Jojoba oil. Jojoba oil, unlike other vegetable oils, is a liquid wax with cosmetic characteristics that make it an ideal product for the care of oily and acne-prone skin. In fact, in addition to not being greasy, it also helps regulate sebum production.
- C rema with Aloe Vera and snail slime : Aloe Vera and Luamca slime, both recognized as among the most effective substances for skin care and regeneration. This cream is absolutely the TOP for all women and men who want to keep their skin young, hydrated and supple. It is mainly used to combat all the signs of old age such as wrinkles, skin blemishes, old scars, stretch marks, etc. Suitable for all skin types.
- Aloe Vera anti-aging cream: cream with anti-wrinkle action based on Aloe Vera with hyaluronic acid, Linseed oil, Argan oil and natural citrus essences. Being very rich in very nourishing vegetable oils, this skin is especially suitable for those who tend to have dry skin. But it’s also great for combination skin.
The importance of using the right products, before and after applying the Scrub
To obtain a velvety, luminous and healthy skin, in addition to the regular use of a good Scrub, it is important to take care of your skin daily, using non-aggressive and possibly natural detergents and soaps .
This is what our skin needs.
This is why we at Erbe di Mauro have created a line of handcrafted soaps and body wash and 100% natural liquid soaps , without the use of substances that can be harmful and irritating to the skin (such as synthetic perfumes and surfactants).
If you are looking for a truly natural product line, try our products: